HTI’s Forward Osmosis is a Green technology. This membrane separation technology has numerous, positive environmental effects.
In the Oil Industry, the Application of the Technology:
reclaims water previously lost from water cycle when deep injected into the earth
reduces hauling and associated fuel consumption and environmental impact
- cleans severely contaminated landfill leachate to very high purities reducing risk of serious environmental contamination
In Anaerobic Biogas Digesters:
- Creates valuable Organic fertilizers from waste product, reducing consumption of commercial fertilizer
- Reclaims water for reuse
- Increases the economic viability of digester, encourages renewable energy projects reduces hauling and associated carbon footprint.
- Reduces storage burden of effluent, encourages plant expansion and more renewable energy capacity.
- Reduces risk of waste runoff and resulting river, groundwater contamination.
In Disaster Relief:
- Point‐of‐use filtration of surface water eliminates environmental impact of bottled water in disaster relief settings, as well as the enormous carbon footprint of moving bulk water.